December 6, 2022
64 companies in Hong Kong received the coveted HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2022 awards.
With the theme, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the awards this year focused on the efforts of companies in promoting diversity and inculcating inclusion in the workplace, while retaining HR Asia’s stringent evaluation criteria.
In all, 48,700 employees from 255 Hong Kong companies took part in HR Asia’s proprietary Total Engagement Assessment Model – ranking their own employers on metrics ranging from workplace happiness and team cohesion to employee advocacy and continued job motivation.
The top 64 companies which made the cut off point this year are then named HR Asia Best Companies to work for in Asia 2022 for the Hong Kong market.
“HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia is the only award that is judged solely by the nominees’ employees – making this the most transparent award of its kind. Equally important, with 15 markets, and over 400,000 surveys done each year – the program is also the most extensive awards for employee engagement and workplace excellence across the region,” said William Ng, group publisher of Business Media International, the owner of HR Asia.
The top three workplace positive sentiments by Hong Kong employees are that employees are willing to help those who require assistance, the employees also are happy that they have very flexible working arrangements, and employees are willing to put in the extra effort to improve their contributions.
However, the survey has also turned up several concerns from employees, such as feeling exhausted at work due to the workload, there are no on-site or subsidized recreational facilities or activities for the employees, and the lack of communication with former employees.
This year, ten companies are awarded the gold Harmonia statuette as they are recognized to be one of the Best Companies to Work for in Asia for five consecutive years and more, these companies are A.S. Watson & Co., Ltd., Avery Dennison Hong Kong B.V., Baxter Healthcare Ltd, Haitong International Securities Group Limited, KPMG, Lee Kum Kee Company Limited, LKK Health Products Group Ltd., New World Development Company Limited, Qi Group Hong Kong, and Tung Wah Group of Hospitals.
The WeCare awards are also given out to Arrow Asia Pac Limited, ASMPT Limited, CMB International Capital Corporation Limited, Coach Hong Kong Limited, Hong Yip Service Company Limited, Marsh (Hong Kong) Limited, Microchip Technology Hong Kong Limited, Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Limited, and Swire Coca Cola HK Ltd.
2022 Hong Kong HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia credits Hong Kong People Management Association (HKPMA) as the award’s supporting partner.
“The pandemic has placed extraordinary demands on business leaders and beyond. For some companies, a near term survival plan may seem to be the only agenda for recovery but by investing in employee engagement, employees will feel supported in their jobs and in return will contribute to the overall business operations and post recovery growth,” Ng added.
The HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia Awards recognises companies that have shown world-class employee engagement and workplace excellence, while displaying demonstrable empathy and care for their employees.
The award covers fifteen markets across the region including mainland China, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam making this the largest recognition programme and survey in the region for employee engagement.
LIST OF WINNERS OF HR ASIA BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ASIA 2022 (HONG KONG EDITION) IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER:
- A.S. WATSON & CO., LTD.
- AESOP HONG KONG LIMITED
- AIA INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
- APL LOGISTICS SCS HONG KONG LIMITED
- ARROW ASIA PAC LIMITED
- ASMPT LIMITED
- AVERY DENNISON HONG KONG B.V.
- AVNET TECHNOLOGY HONG KONG LIMITED
- BAXTER HEALTHCARE LTD
- BRITISH – AMERICAN TOBACCO CO. (HK) LTD
- BSH HOME APPLIANCES LIMITED
- CARGO-PARTNER LOGISTICS LIMITED
- CERTIS HONG KONG AND MACAU
- CHINA MOBILE INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
- CHUBB LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LTD
- CMB INTERNATIONAL CAPITAL CORPORATION LIMITED
- COACH HONG KONG LIMITED
- CROWN WORLDWIDE (HK) LTD.
- CRYSTAL INTERNATIONAL GROUP LIMITED
- DELOITTE TOUCHE TOHMATSU
- E FUND MANAGEMENT (HK) CO., LIMITED
- EC HEALTHCARE
- EDELMAN HONG KONG
- EPAM SYSTEMS (HONG KONG) LIMITED
- FOODPANDA HONG KONG
- FTLIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- GENERALI HONG KONG
- GEODIS HONG KONG LIMITED
- GUOTAI JUNAN INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LIMITED
- HAITONG INTERNATIONAL SECURITIES GROUP LIMITED
- HANG LUNG PROPERTIES LIMITED
- HONG KONG PRODUCTIVITY COUNCIL
- HONG YIP SERVICE COMPANY LIMITED
- HONGKONG LAND LIMITED
- IPSOS IN HONG KONG
- KNIGHT FRANK
- KUEHNE & NAGEL (HK) LIMITED
- LEE KUM KEE COMPANY LIMITED
- LINK ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED
- LKK HEALTH PRODUCTS GROUP LTD.
- MANULIFE (INTERNATIONAL) LIMITED
- MARSH (HONG KONG) LIMITED
- MEDTRONIC HONG KONG MEDICAL LIMITED
- MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY HONG KONG LIMITED
- MOËT HENNESSY DIAGEO HONG KONG AND MACAU
- NESTLÉ HONG KONG LIMITED
- NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED
- NWS HOLDINGS LIMITED
- PFIZER CORPORATION HONG KONG LIMITED
- PRUDENTIAL HONG KONG LIMITED
- QBE HONG KONG
- QI GROUP HONG KONG
- SF SUPPLY CHAIN (HONG KONG) LIMITED
- SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT HONG KONG LIMITED
- SWIRE COCA COLA HK LTD.
- SWISS RE ASIA PTE. LTD. HONG KONG BRANCH
- TARGET GLOBAL SOURCING
- THE MARKETING STORE WORLDWIDE (ASIA) LIMITED
- TUNG WAH GROUP OF HOSPITALS