702 Nguyen Van Linh, District 7,
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
702 Nguyen Van Linh, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Be a leading university of
impact in the Asia Pacific
Be a leading university of impact in the Asia Pacific
Explore opportunities with us!
ABOUT RMITEstablished in 1887 in Melbourne (Australia), RMIT University is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. One of Australia's original tertiary institutions, RMIT University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in education, research and engagement with industry and community.
In 1998, RMIT University was invited by the Prime Minister of Vietnam to open a university in Ho Chi Minh City. The university was awarded the investment license in 2000, making RMIT the first fully foreign university in Vietnam.
Today, we are proud of our well-established campuses in Saigon South and Hanoi, as well as our Foreign Language Training Centre in Da Nang. RMIT Vietnam has grown to more than 12,000 active students, 20,000 alumni and 1,200 staff (as of 2023), providing an international education that is differentiated by its quality, applied approach and focus on employability.
We have a strong reputation as the pre-eminent university, offering superior student experience with curricular and extra-curricular learning activities, industry integrated learning and qualifications recognised domestically and internationally.
EMPLOYMENT BENEFITSAt RMIT Vietnam, we value our people and are committed to bringing quality working experience to our employees through excellent working conditions and a wide variety of benefits. These include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary package
- 6-month maternity leave on full salary
- Long service award of cash allowance and paid leave days
- 13th-month salary for eligible Vietnamese staff
- Study fee support for staff dependents for undergraduate programs at RMIT Vietnam after an initial qualifying period
- An independent, free and confidential counselling service for all RMIT staff and their dependents
- Expert guidance and advice across a variety of areas, such as improving family communication, work-life balance, trauma counselling, stress management, anxiety or depression and other difficulties.
In addition to the national Vietnamese public holidays, RMIT Vietnam provides
- 20 days of fully paid annual leave per year
- 10 days of fully paid sick leave per year
- 5 days of paid ‘Christmas closure’ each year
- Two additional holidays for expatriate staff of their home country National Day and Traditional New Year
- Extended sick leave for eligible staff
RMIT Vietnam provides staff with a range of health insurance benefits, including:
- Full private health insurance for all staff where employment exceeds three months
- For expatriate staff, comprehensive private health insurance for direct dependents
- For local staff, the option to purchase highly competitive health insurance packages for direct dependents
- Personal accident insurance for all staff
RMIT’s culture is built on shared purpose, mutual respect and trust in people, whose capabilities, tools and practices are critical to RMIT’s success over the years. Being recognised among the Best Companies to Work for in Asia is a motivation for us to continue providing the best workplace possible. We will work to attract and retain talented people who want to build careers, provide leadership and create opportunities at a university renowned for its impact in Australia, Asia and beyond.Professor Claire Macken, RMIT Vietnam Pro Vice-Chancellor and General Director
RMIT Vietnam is committed to building the capabilities, talent and effectiveness of its staff through professional development that supports the achievement of RMIT Vietnam’s strategy and the aspirations of individuals. Professional development opportunities include:
- Tailored training and programs for managers and staff to support career progression (both internal and external to RMIT)
- Academic professional development week
- English language courses for Vietnamese staff, and Vietnamese language classes for expatriate staff
- Internal research grants for academic staff
- Fully functional fitness centres at Saigon South and Hanoi campuses
- A wide range of fitness classes at highly competitive prices, such as Zumba, Yoga, and many more
- A variety of sports and recreation events for staff and students, such as Fitness Challenges, X-run, and many more