NAC Tower, 32nd St.,
Bonifacio Global City,
Taguig City, 1630 Metro Manila
NAC Tower, 32nd St., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, 1630 Metro Manila Philippines
Our values and culture keep us
firmly focused on fulfilling our
purpose and brand promise:
to drive change for a better
world by advancing business
Our values and culture keep us firmly focused on fulfilling our purpose and
brand promise: to drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities.
Explore opportunities with us!
Advancing Business and CommunitiesFor over a hundred years of doing business, the Aboitiz Group has nurtured and strengthened our core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Responsibility to drive us to be the best at what we do, and embolden us to uphold our mission of creating long-term value for all our stakeholders. With major investments in power, banking, food, infrastructure, and real estate, the Group’s longevity and success are a testament to a solid foundation and a continuing legacy of excellence.
Guided by our Group purpose and brand promise – to drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities — Aboitiz remains committed to best practices and good corporate governance, for which it is consistently recognized as among the best not only in the Philippines but also in the ASEAN region.
A Culture of EngagementBuilding human capital is one of the Aboitiz Group's strategic pillars. This means being able to support the execution of our long-term strategies through resilient people and agile systems. The Aboitiz Equity Ventures’ Human Resources team has always focused on promoting a positive talent experience in all their programs and initiatives. The company’s core belief is that genuine connection to the organization is built and sustained when its people have a positive day-to-day experience that spans the entire employee life-cycle. This is achieved through regular pulse checks, promoting continuous conversations, partnerships with experts in various fields, collaboration among the Group's different business units, and consistent reviews and updating of people-related programs. All these combined have resulted in renewed commitment and productivity from our workforce.
Aboitiz Group President and CEO Sabin Aboitiz is at the forefront of building a culture of values and engaging people at all levels. Since the start of his leadership in January 2020, HR has constantly introduced efforts to engage its workforce beyond the usual programs - Some of the engagement highlights include:
- SuperDuperCon - Group-wide virtual discussions hosted by the Group CEO himself. The sessions provided directions and shared updates and topics relevant to employees. Live Q&A sessions were held, participated by all team members.
- Welcome Aboard - A platform for new hires to personally meet and get to know the CEO through a 1.5 hour discussion. The sessions shared knowledge about the Aboitiz Group culture and the Aboitiz Way.
- UpClose with SMA - a small group session which provided an opportunity for other TMs and Executives across different business units (not limited to new-hires) to get up close and personal with the CEO. He would meet employees, learn from them, get feedback, and listen to their ideas.
- FlexBen - a benefits program that allows team members to choose benefits according to their specific needs.
- MyTX - a HR service delivery program that covered the automation of core HR, benefits administration, recruitment, onboarding, and talent relations management. It also includes HR processes such as performance management, succession management, learning and development, workforce compensation, and people analytics.
Other initiatives include first-of-its-kind virtual contests, engagement surveys, recognition programs, and international and local holiday celebrations. These initiatives opened the door for better collaboration among business units through sharing of best practices and became a way for the organization to challenge the norm, grow through different perspectives, embrace diversity, and promote inclusion.
COVID-19 ResponseAt the onset of the pandemic, a COVID-19 Technical Working Group was formed to monitor how the pandemic was progressing and to cascade information on proper precautionary measures. Throughout the pandemic, most team members were advised to render work from home. Early investments in future-proofing Aboitiz have given us a huge advantage in seamlessly transitioning from a physical work set-up to a digital workforce and ensuring all the proper channels and support are in place. Communications, stakeholder management, product sales, financial services, and employee learning were all delivered through online platforms. Aboitiz Academy quickly pivoted to digital learning to make sure that there was no disruption in employee learning and development. To ensure the financial security of team members, salaries and bonuses were released early.
A select number of essential team members continue to work in their respective areas to ensure delivery of highly-needed basic services, such as power, banking, and food. To ensure their safety, we provided ample protective resources and basic needs such as testing (rapid tests, RT-PCR), food, clothing, and temporary shelter. Accessible health services are also made available to all our facilities nationwide.
The Group also covered the inoculation of all its team members and subcontractors, and facilitated vaccine orders for employee dependents and household members as well, to help build the community’s immunity against the virus.