Sixty companies in the People’s Republic of China have received the coveted HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2022 Awards.
With the theme, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the awards this year focused on the efforts of companies in promoting diversity and inculcating inclusion in the workplace, while retaining HR Asia’s stringent evaluation criteria.
In all, 29,430 employees from 295 Chinese companies took part in HR Asia’s proprietary Total Engagement Assessment Model – ranking their own employers on metrics ranging from workplace happiness and team cohesion to employee advocacy and continued job motivation.
The top 60 companies which made the cut are then named HR Asia Best Companies to work for in Asia 2022 for the Chinese market.
“HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia is the only award that is judged solely by the nominees’ employees – making this the most transparent award of its kind. Equally important, with 15 markets, and over 400,000 surveys done each year – the program is also the most extensive awards for employee engagement and workplace excellence across the region,” said William Ng, group publisher of Business Media International, the owner of HR Asia.
The top three workplace positive sentiments by the Chinese employees are that employees are willing to help those who require assistance, the employees also are happy that they have very flexible working arrangements, and employees are willing to put in the extra effort to improve their contributions.
However, the survey has also turned up several concerns from employees, such as feeling exhausted at work due to the workload, there are no on-site or subsidized recreational facilities or activities for the employees, and the lack of communication with former employees.
This year, twelve companies received the gold Harmonia statuettes after being recognized as among the Best Companies to Work for in Asia for five and sixth consecutive years.
A record breaking nine companies became sixth year consecutive winners. They are: Avery Dennison China, Kimberly-Clark (China) Co., Ltd., KPMG China, Lee Kum Kee (China) Trading Limited, Lee Kum Kee (Xin Hui) Food Co., Ltd., LKK Health Products Group Ltd., Mundipharma (China) Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Tianjin Hang Lung Properties Limited, and Wuxi Hang Lung Properties Limited.
Meanwhile, Colliers China, Shandong Hang Lung Properties Limited, and Shanghai Hang Bond Property Development Company Limited are the fifth year consecutive winners.
“The pandemic has placed extraordinary demands on business leaders and beyond. For some companies, a near term survival plan may seem to be the only agenda for recovery but by investing in employee engagement, employees will feel supported in their jobs and in return will contribute to the overall business operations and post recovery growth,” Ng added.
The HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia Awards recognizes companies that have shown world-class employee engagement and workplace excellence, while displaying demonstrable empathy and care for their employees.
The award covers fifteen markets across the region including mainland China, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, The Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam, making this the largest recognition
programme and survey in the region for employee engagement.
LIST OF WINNERS OF HR ASIA BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ASIA 2022 (CHINA EDITION) IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER:
2. AMAZON WEB SERVICES IN CHINA
3. APL LOGISTICS CHINA LTD
4. ASIA CEMENT (CHINA) HOLDINGS CORPORATION
5. AVERY DENNISON CHINA
6. AVNET CHINA
7. BOLLORE LOGISTICS CHINA CO., LTD.
9. CHAILEASE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL LEASING CORP.
10. CHINA RESOURCES CEMENT HOLDINGS LIMITED
11. CMA CGM (CHINA) SHIPPING CO., LTD.
12. COACH SHANGHAI LIMITED
13. COLLIERS CHINA
14. CRIMSONLOGIC SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY (DALIAN) CO. LTD.
15. CRYSTAL INTERNATIONAL GROUP LIMITED
16. DNE GROUP
17. DALIAN HANG LUNG PROPERTIES LTD.
18. DONGGUAN PRIMAX ELECTRONIC & TELECOMMUNICATION PRODUCTS LTD.
19. DRAXLMAIER CHINA
21. HANG LUNG MANAGEMENT (CHINA) LTD
22. HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE CHINA
23. HOYA VISION CARE CHINA
24. HUBEI HANG LUNG PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED
25. INFINITUS (CHINA) CO., LTD.
26. IPSOS (CHINA) CONSULTING CO., LTD.
27. KANTAR LIMITED CHINA
28. KERRY CHINA
29. KIMBERLY-CLARK (CHINA) CO., LTD.
30. KONECRANES (SHANGHAI) COMPANY LTD.
31. KPMG CHINA
32. KUNMING HANG YING PROPERTIES LIMITED
33. LEE KUM KEE (CHINA) TRADING LIMITED
34. LEE KUM KEE (XIN HUI) FOOD CO.LTD.
35. LF LOGISTICS (CHINA) CO. LTD.
36. LIAONING HANG LUNG PROPERTIES LIMITED
37. LKK HEALTH PRODUCTS GROUP LTD.
38. MANULIFE-SINOCHEM LIFE INSURANCE CO., LTD.
39. MARSH (CHINA) INSURANCE BROKERS CO., LTD.
40. MUNDIPHARMA (CHINA) PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD.
41. OLAM FOOD INGREDIENTS SHANGHAI LIMITED
42. OLAM SHANGHAI LIMITED
43. PURE FITNESS (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD.
45. SGS CHINA
46. SHANDONG HANG LUNG PROPERTIES LIMITED
47. SHANGHAI @HUB CORPORATION
48. SHANGHAI HANG BOND PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED
49. SHANGHAI HENLIUS BIOTECH, INC.
50. SHANGHAI KONGHUI PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT CO., LTD.
51. SHENYANG HANG LUNG PROPERTIES LIMITED
52. SUNGROW POWER SUPPLY CO., LTD.
53. SYNTHASIA CO., LTD.
54. TDCX INFORMATION CONSULTING (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD.
55. TIANJIN HANG LUNG PROPERTIES LIMITED
56. UL SOLUTIONS
57. WELLINGTON COLLEGE CHINA
58. WISTRON INFOCOMM (KUNSHAN) CO., LTD.
59. WUXI HANG LUNG PROPERTIES LIMITED
60. XILINMEN FURNITURE CO., LTD.